Signs and Symptoms to Look For
||Usually, people with sleep apnoea find out because a spouse or bed partner notices them snore or stop breathing during sleep. Other common signs and symptoms include:
Sleep apnoea is most common among men, people who are overweight and the middle-aged. However, research shows that children and post-menopausal women may also be at risk.
- Extreme sleepiness
- Frequent loud snoring
- Stopping breathing during sleep
- Choking episodes during sleep
- Morning headaches
- Frequent trips to the bathroom during the night
- Waking with a dry mouth/sore throat
- Waking unrefreshed despite a 'normal' nights sleep
- Difficulty concentrating, irritability
- High blood pressure
Click here if you experience any of the above and think you may have Sleep Apnoea.